Kia ora e te whānau,
Here is the latest news from the Kahikatea team.
The Christchurch Antarctic Centre
The Kahikatea tamariki (children) and kaiako (teachers) are very excited to be heading to The Christchurch Antarctic Centre on Thursday 23rd June. The purpose of this trip is to consolidate the learning that our ākonga (learners) are doing this term around animal habitats.
Katie and Emma's home groups will leave school at 9am and return at 12:15pm, and Amber and Krystal's home groups will leave school at 11:45am and return at 3pm.
The curriculum achievement objectives that we are focusing on are...
- recognise that all living things have certain requirements so they can stay alive.
- recognise that living things are suited to their particular habitat
During our time at The Christchurch Antarctic Centre, the children will experience...
- a guided tour through the Antarctic Attraction and Penguin Encounter
- an 'Antarctic Storm' in the Snow and Ice Room
- a walk through the interactive gallery
- meeting some huskies
In order for this trip to go ahead, we require four parent helpers to come along per home group. You will be assigned a group of four to five children to supervise during the entirety of the trip.
Please email your child's home group teacher if you are able to help.